Nippers: Kids aged 6 to 14
- The Nipper program caters for children from under 6’s to under 14’s.
- The club Junior Coordinators facilitates the SLSA Junior Development Program. The Junior Development program is focused on having FUN and is designed to enrich the lives of the nippers through fun and participation to develop personal, lifesaving, and competition skills, in a safe aquatic environment. The program:
- Introduces children and their parents to the Surf Life Saving 'family'.
- Provides basic beach and surf skills.
- Promotes fun, healthy and active lifestyles.
- Raises awareness of safety within the beach environment, including sun and surf safety.
- The Junior Coordinator is supported by Age Managers. Each age group is managed by one or two Age Managers. The Age Managers are interested parents and youth of our club extending their personal development into leadership roles. Age Managers have access to SLSA Age Managers and Junior Coaching.