Swim in Safety
Beach patrols are held during the Dry Season when the conditions are safe.
Usually members will be beach side on Sunday morning at Town Beach and occasionally at Little Bondi.
Check the Gove Peninsula Surf Club Facebook Page for more up to date details.
- The primary purpose of the surf lifesaving movement is ensuring the safety of everyone using the beach and aquatic environment.
- Surf Clubs around Australia contribute to this by patrolling their local beaches.
- Our patrolling members hold a range of qualifications ranging from the Radio Operator Certificate to Surf rescue Certificates and the Bronze Medallion. Patrolling members volunteer their time to perform patrol duties.
- The Gove Surf Club patrols from June to September. The usual patrol location is Town Beach but approximately once a month patrols one of the out of town beaches, such as Little Bondi Beach, Shady Beach, Wirruwuy.
- If you are interested in undertaking training that will allow you to contribute to the club's patrols please see our Training page.